How to Unload Cable Drums At Your Construction Site?
Properly handling cable drum is important. It should not be dripped directly on the floor. Its weight and cable may cause deflection of Drum flange which will result in flattening, deformation or damage of cable. Also, it will lead to broken drums or visible or invisible damage to the cable itself.
Moreover, during transportation, unloading and storage cable drums, try protecting cables and avoid touching them improperly. Check whether the drum is not damaged by handling or showing signs of wear or rotting. Ensure special handling procedures.
- Use suitable devices for loading and unloading to avoid damage to the cable and the drum.
- Never drop the drums from a truck, ramp or container
- Always transport cable drums with suitable vehicles
- During transport, always keep storage drums in an upright position
- Check whether all screws hold the flanges and tightened before moving the drums
- Lift cable drums with a forklift from the flange side
- Make sure the fork may not touch the cable its protective cover in order to avoid damage
- The fork must support both flanges while lifting
- In case the cable drum is lifted with a crane, use an axle or a spreader beam to avoid lateral pressure on flanges.
Follow the above instructions to safely transport, unload and store drum cable.