Top 5 Industrial Cable Manufacturers in India
Industrial Cables are a wide market which deals in a plethora of different types of electrical equipment, but the most prominent and widely marketed still remains the wires and cables. Wires and cables make up majority of any workspace. This is essential for electricity as well as data transmission inside as well as outside the organisations. With new industries emerging every minute and India on the verge of becoming a superpower, stakes are high on these industries to excel in their domains. Hence, as the present is dominated by computers and data centers, every office building/plot is incomplete without power and data transmission lines. This market is dominated by a very promising competition that have their own pros and cons. In this article, we aim to cover some of the most prominent competitors in the country. Some of which are as follows:
- Polycab Wires Pvt Ltd: Established in 1968 and based in Mumbai, Polycab has a stronghold in Delhi, Chandigarh, Noida, Jaipur, Guwahati, Kolkata, Orissa, Patna, Ranchi, Ahmedabad, Indore, Pune, Raipur, Bangalore, Chennai, Kochi, Secunderabad. With over 16 facilities all over India, Polycab is very well equipped to handle even the biggest tenders easily. And have an impressive portfolio, ranging from high voltage cables to control cables and even welding and solar cables.
- Sterlite Technologies Ltd: Sterlite is an international brand with offices in 9 countries. It produces everything from HV/EHV to BOOM transmission cables and even OPGW cables. It was established in 1988.
- Havells India Ltd: A well known name in the B2C segment, Havells was established in 1971, and has been growing at a monstrous rate. For commercial applications, however, they don’t have a wide range, just capacitors and circuit protection devices.
- Prime Cable Industries Pvt Ltd: PrimeCab is the newest player on the block (1997) and has the best list of clientele! Ranging from BHEL to NHPC, they have been reliable providers for many government and cooperative projects. They produce almost all industrial cables you can probably think of and then some! Their esteemed clientele for industrial applications has made them fairly popular in the consumer segment as well!
- RR Kabel: This is the brand with most marketing budget of all, and hence has a strong hold in the consumer section. This mammoth of a brand has an installation capacity of over 1.8 million ckm/year! They focus 70% on the domestic market and 30% of the production is exported. RR has great celebrity campaigns to their names and hence brand recall is one of the highest in its segment.
Power has been defined as the new air for breathability of industries. And to be able to produce efficient products and services, reliable and efficient transmission of power and data is required. These companies have established themselves in the industrial wire segment because of their unmatched reliability and durability factors. Not only this, various factors like efficient on-time delivery, after sales support, and performance of the products are also vital when choosing the right cables and wires for your industrial applications.