Screened Vs. Unscreened Cables - Prime Cable
How screened and unscreened cables are differentiated?
Now, how they vary from each other and which one shall be used depends on factors like:
• Available budget
• Performance of cabling system
• Levels and types of Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
• Availability of adequate points of earthing and so on.
Talking about screened cables, these are shielded twisted pair cables which reduces electrical noise and EMI. Shielded sensor wires helps to keep the signal steady. These shielded dc power cables are of high quality composed of copper tape or aluminium wire. The shielded wire connectors are also used to reduce noise or risk of EMI. But, at times, price of shielded cables are way too high in comparison to unshielded one.
Often, 2 core shielded cable are used for controlling regulation which is for production lines, conveyors or computer units.
Likewise, unscreened cable or unshielded cable, as their name suggests, do not have shield to reduce EMI. The way unshielded twisted cables are designed, they are most suitable for office LANS and telephone communication. They are thin, flexible and inexpensive. Unscreened cable usually form a single circuit to cancel out EMI from external sources.
There are two different types of screen:-
- Overall screen- It performs mostly 2 things, one to reduce the noise out of the cable and two, to protect the signals travelling within the cable. They are mainly in the form of an aluminium foil or a tin plated copper braid.
- Pair screen- They are wrapped around each of the individual pairs within the cable. The function they perform is to prevent interference from the signal travelling in one pair of wire from affecting the signal travelling in another pair of wire.
Apart from screened and unscreened cables, there exist coaxial cables.
Coaxial cables are used as transmission lines for video and data signals. They have been used as feed lines to connect radio transmitter to antennas. They are popular because their shielded design allows the centre conductor to transmit data quickly, while being protected from damage and interference. They are inexpensive, durable, easily expandable and easy to install. And the only drawback of using coaxial cable is that single cable failure can take down entire network.
For all these, shielded, unshielded and coaxial cables, there are very much less products in India. But, here is Prime Cable industries emerging as the best company in this business. Since 21years, they are providing high quality cables to all the sectors across India, that too at best prices.
Thus, regardless of whether you choose Unscreened or Screened cables for your home, make sure you install high-quality cabling system.
The better the quality of the cables, the more years of service and satisfaction they'll provide. And, this is what Prime Cable industries believe in.