Characteristic Features and Benefits of FRLS Cables
Fire Retardant Low Smoke (FRLS) Cables are a type of cable that is fire resistant. These wires are used in areas that are more prone to fire. FRLS Cables with PVC coating make sure it releases low smoke in comparison to other wires and cables with PVC coating.
Applications Where FRLS Cables Are Used
Any place or location that is more prone to fire, FRLS wires are the ideal option to be used. These wires emit little smoke, and toxic gas. They also have the quality to retard the spread of gas. These wires are the perfect choice to be used for concealed and conduit wiring in multi-story buildings, such as hotels, commercial or residential buildings, banks, and malls, and other complexes.
One of the most important reasons for using FRLS cable is that they are designed to sustain high temperatures for a defined minimum period of time under direct fire. Also known as Circuit Integrity Cables, they find applications in hazard prone areas where equipment and people are exposed to the threat of fire. These places include rail terminals, thermal power plants, airports, metro rail projects, etc.
FRLS Wires Properties
FRLS PVC wires come with multiple characteristics and properties.
- When checked as per ASTM-D-2863, the Oxygen index of cables is more than 30 % at 270C + 20C
- Temperature index of the FRLS wires should be more than 2500C
- These types of cables shall have smoke density of less than 50 % Max
- These high safety Fire Survival Cables for Fire Prone Areas can hardly overheat.
- They can bear temperatures of up to 650 °C, 750 °C and 950 °C as per various conditions of operation and applications
If you want to know more about FRLS cable or want to buy these cables, connect with Prime Cables Industries at +91 (11) 27318598 or +91 (11) 47053338.