What Is XLPE and PVC Cables?
PVC Cables stands for polyvinyl chloride insulation and XLPE is cross linked polyethylene material. Both of these cables are the most popular. Though, there are times when we need to choose among the best especially when we have to choose a kind with low voltage.
Know The Difference Between XLPE and PVC Cables!
The main differences of both these cables are:
- Maximum working temp of conductor- XLPE Cable is 90 centigrade while PVC Cable is 70 centigrade
- Maximum short temp- PVC is 160 centigrade while XLPE is 250 centigrade under the condition of short circuit.
- Service life- truthfully, XLPE cable have a longer life as compared to PVC cables
- Price- XLPE insulated cable cost is usually higher than PVC Cables
- XLPE has 100 time more moisture than PVC Cables
- PVC Cable is better than XLPE in terms of waterproof performance
- XLPE insulated cable is environment friendly as compared to PVC Cables
The main difference between these two cables is that XLPE can be used for both low and high tension applications because the structure offers resistance to stress, abrasion and other tear and wear while on the other hand PVC just cannot endure as much pressure which means that it is only apposite for low tension applications.
Prime Cab India is one of the leading manufacturer and supplier of high quality XLPE and PVC cables. With a history of production, we have trust that we can provide the customers with amazing products that too in competitive prices. So, if you have any issues, feel free to contact us. We will be more than happy to assist you.